Here today we discuss Scientific Facts in the Light of the Holy Quran Almost everyone knows that the Holy Quran is a book that represents the religion of Muslims. It is a marvelous book in which Allah describes various aspects of this universe. It is a complete book for the guidance of human life.
In this modern age of technology, when science is exploring various facts of the world, it is surprising that Quran Paak contains such statements in it which are proved to be true centuries ago. The period when Quran Paak was sent down to the Prophet Muhammad S.A.W.W is 1400 years ago.
Due to this immense time period, it is concluded that there is no difference in religion and knowledge of science. In fact religion, Islam can explain the scientific facts in the light of revealed knowledge that is Quran Pak.
Scientific Facts in the Light of the Holy Quran
From the several aspects of science that are proved to be true in this age which Allah told 1400years ago in Quran Paak, following are some Scientific Facts in the Light of Holy Quran which are explained here.
1- The Creation of Life:
Allah says in the Quran:
- “We made every living being from water. Will, they not believe?” (Surah Al-Anbiya,  verse’30)
In this verse, Allah mentions water as the basic element of the creation of everything. Today, science proves that every living thing is made up of cells and these cells consist of 80% of cytoplasm, which in simple terms is “water”.
This might have seemed odd for the people of that time as there was no science to prove it but today, science proves this fact which the Quran mentioned 1400 years ago.
While talking about the creation of human being, Allah says in the Quran:
- “He was created of a gushing fluid, emanating from between the loins and the ribs.”(Surah At-Tariq, verse 6-7)
- “Then made his progeny from a quintessence of the nature of a fluid despised” (Surah Sajdah, verse 8)
Now science has proved that Semen (a reproductive fluid) that is released from man contains sperm cells and only one sperm is sufficient to fertilize the egg inside the female in order to produce an embryo.
Furthermore, Allah says:
- “Created man from a clot (a piece of thickly congealed blood).”(Surah Alaq , verse 2)
Alaq is plural of ‘alaqah, which means congealed blood as well as a thing that sticks like Junk. This is the primary state of the embryo which appears a few days after conception.
Then it assumes the form of a lump of flesh, and then afterward it gradually takes human shape.
This concept of the Quran is well explained by Dr. Kieth Moore. He observed the earliest shape of the embryo by an extremely powerful microscope.
When the embryo’s shape was compared to the shape of the Junk insect, he became surprised because both have resembled one another.
Views of Dr. Kieth Moore:
Dr. Kieth Moore studied these Ayahs very deeply.
He gave the answers to 80 questions. These entire questions were based on Quranic information about embryology and all answers were compatible with Quran and Hadees.
After taken help from Quran Pak, Dr. Kieth Moore published the third edition of his book, “The Developing Human” which was awarded as a unique and comprehensive book written by the same author.
In 1981, when the second world medical conference was held in the city of Saudi Arabia, Dammam, he said in this conference that I feel glad and satisfaction to explain the Quran Pak’s statements about human development.
Don't miss our Article on Khutba e Hujja Tul Vida.
2. Function of Mountain
Allah says in the Quran:
- “Have We not made the earth a resting place? And the mountains like stakes?” (Surah An-Naba, verses 6-7)
This Ayah describes mountains as stakes that go deep down in earth.
Today, science proves this claim of the Quran according to which the mountains are not just above the surface rather they have roots deep down below the earth’s surface as well.
Example of Mount Everest:
The highest peak in the world Mount Everest can be the best example of this.
According to scientists, Mount Everest is 9km above the surface has its roots almost 125km below the surface. Thus the metaphor of “mountain-like stakes” in the Quran actually gets scientific proof.
3. Sky As a Protector:
Allah says in the Quran:
- “We made the sky a protective ceiling. And yet they turn away from our signs!” (Surah Al-Anbiya, verse 32)
Allah mentions Sky as a protective ceiling and calls it as a sign.
Today, this is a scientific fact that the Sky actually does serve as a protective shield for life on earth.
Moreover, Allah says about Sky in the Quran:
- “I swear by the Firmament which returns.” (Surah At-Tariq, verse 11)
What is the returning function of Sky means? Scientists prove that there are different layers of Sky surrounding the Earth. Each layer is beneficial for the existence of life on Earth. These layers return the rays back to space or back down to the Earth.
Layers of Sky:
The sky is actually made up of different layers of gasses. Following is a short description of these protective layers.
- The first layer of Sky under which life exists is known as Troposphere. It is approximately 15km high near the equator. It enables water vapors to rise from the surface of the earth to be condensed and turn back as rain.
- The second layer is Ozonosphere which is also known as Stratosphere. This layer is at an altitude of 50km. Ozone plays a key role in the temperature structure of the Earth’s atmosphere by returning ultraviolet rays back into space.
- The third layer is called Ionosphere or Mesosphere. This layer fulfills the requirements of modern technology of wireless sound systems on Earth such as Television, Radio, and Satellite over long distances. It plays a role to send sound signals back to Earth for the telecast. It is 50 to 80 km high.
- The magnetosphere is another most important layer of the sky above Earth. It protects Earth from heat strokes. In the absence of this layer, all living things will burn and unable to survive on Earth. This layer is also called the thermosphere and its height is 80 to 700km.
- The fifth main layer is Exosphere. It is 700 to 10,000km high above Earth. It is the uppermost layer, where the atmosphere thins and merges with interplanetary space.
Video Credit: Windows of Islam
Earth’s atmosphere protects life on Earth by filtering harmful ultraviolet radiations from the Sun, destroying most meteors that pass through it and retaining heat. Earth’s atmosphere also provides oxygen to humans and animals and carbon dioxide (Co2) to plants.
NOTE: Lithosphere is not part of Sky. It is the solid outer section of Earth which includes Earth’s crust, the dense and rigid part of the upper mantle.
4. The Presence of Iron:
For the people of today, iron is a metal that is found on Earth. However, according to scientists today, the original source of iron is not a metal of this Earth rather it came from space.
Quran mentions iron in the following way:
- “We sent down iron, in which there is an awesome power, as well as many benefits for mankind.” (Surah Al-Hadid , verse 25)
This Ayah states that iron is not something that formed on Earth but was actually sent down by Allah.
According to scientists, billions of years ago meteoroids hit Earth and these meteoroids came with the metal iron which then dispersed and immersed in different parts of the Earth.
You May Also Read What are the Rights of Muslims?