Imam Ali Ibn Abi Talib (R.A) had the best upbringing as he experienced childhood in place of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). So you can envision his character of Hazrat Ali and how great it was. Every last expression of Hazrat Imam Ali would be of extraordinary significance and motivating to any age of Muslims and even non-believers.
Hazrat Imam Ali (R.A) was the first from the Prophet’s (PBUH) family after Khadijah (RA) to embrace Islam and it was at a very young age. There are many collections about the life of Hazrat Ali, especially among the Shia Muslims.
Quotes of Hazrat Ali in English
- Smile even if your heart is dripping blood. – Hazrat Ali Quotes
- The tongue is like a lion. If you let it loose, it will wound someone. Quotes by Hazrat Ali (R.A)
- It is easier to turn a mountain into dust than to create love in a heart that filled with hatred – Imam Ali (R.A)
- Forgiveness is the best revenge. Imam Ali (R.A)
- Anger is like a ball of fire, but if you swallow it, it’s sweeter than honey. – Imam Ali Sayings (R.A)
- Conquer your lustful desires and your wisdom will be perfect. – Imam Ali (R.A) Quote
- There are two ways to live a pleasant life, either in someone’s heart or someones’s prayer – Quote of Hazrat Ali. (R.A)
- Evildoers never think well of anyone because they see others in their nature. Imam Ali (R.A) Saying
- Do not be a slave to others when Allah has created you free. Hazrat Ali (R.A) Quotes in English
- Let go of anything that brings you stress and sorrow. Imam Ali (R.A)
- Be like the flower that gives its fragrance even to the hand that crushes it. – Quote by Imam Ali (R.A)
- Nothing hurts a good soul and a kind heart more than to live amongst people who cannot understand it. Imam Ali (R.A)
- Do not disappoint the one whose hope lies in you. Imam Ali (R.A) quote
- If you succeed in misleading somebody, Do not think of him of being a big fool, Rather think about how he trusted you. – Imam Ali (R.A)
- Beautiful people are not always good, but good people are always beautiful – Hazrat Imam Ali (RA)
- I didn’t see anyone who smiled more than Rasul-Allah (Peace be upon him), saying of Hazrat Imam Ali (RA)
- The moment you start arguing with an ignorant fool, you have already lost. – Imam Ali (AS)
- Honesty – O’ People! Try to be honest for Allah is the helper of honest people, Avoid telling lies since it will ruin your faith. Know that honest people are on the verge of nobility and honor, while liars area on the verge of collapse and destruction. – Imam Ali
- Do not try to run after him who tries to avoid you. Hazrat Ali (a.s) Quote
- Aim to live in this world without allowing the world to live inside you because when a boat sits on water, it sails perfectly, but when water enters the boat, it sinks. – Imam Ali (a.s)
One of the most respected names in the history of Islam is Hazrat Imam Ali Ibn Abi Talib. I thought he is the luckiest companion of Hazrat Muhammad because he grew up in the house of Last Prophet Hazrat Muhammad.
He was the son of last Prophet’s uncle, and later he became His the son-in-law. He was youngest in children who embrace Islam just at the age of 10.
He ruled as the fourth caliph from 656 to 661. Nahj al-Balagha, Supplications are read worthy books written by Hazrat Ali. As a third caliph in Islamic history, He advised His people to behave as true Muslims, warning that he would tolerate no revolution and those who were found guilty of subversive activities would be dealt with harshly
He was so brave that he achieved the title of Title of “Asadullah”- The Lion of Allah Hazrat Muhammad. Hazrat Ali (RA) was not only a great warrior but a great scholar as well. The Holy Prophet (SAW) said about him, “I am the city of knowledge and Ali is its gate.”
Some of His credible quotes full of precious messages are given below.
- Beautiful people are not always right but good people are still good.
- Do not be the slave to others when Allah has created you free.
- The best revenge is to improve yourself.
- Nothing hurts a good soul and a kind heart more than to live amongst people who cannot understand it.
- Never mock someone for a reason know you carry yourself. We must take a deep look inside our collar first.
- There is no limit to knowledge or its attributes, Hazrat Ali (R.A) states the difference between two types of people in this world.
- Don’t remember Allah in the times of trouble only. Faith in difficulty and prosperity. Massive saying by Hazrat Ali (R.A)
- Smile even if your heart is dripping blood.
- Be like the flower that gives its fragrance even to the hand that crushes it.
- I didn’t see anyone who smiled more than Rasul-Allah (Peace be upon him).
- “Woman is a delicate creature with strong emotions which has been created by the Almighty God to shoulder responsibility for educating society and moving toward perfection. God created woman as a symbol of His beauty and to give solace to her partner and her family.”
- “If you find that somebody is not grateful for all that you have done for him, then do not get disappointed because often you will find that someone else feels under your obligation though you have done nothing for him and thus your good deeds will be compensated, and Allah will reward you for your goodness.”
- “In this world, man is a target of death, an easy prey to calamities, here every morsel and every draught is liable to choke one, here one never receives a favor until he loses another instead, here every additional day in one’s life is a day reduced from the total span of his existence, when death is the natural outcome of life, how can we expect immortality?”
- “Whoever wants to be a leader should educate himself before educating others. Before preaching to others, he should first practice himself. Whoever educates himself and improves his morals is superior to the man who tries to teach and train others.”
- “A brother is like gold and a friend is like a diamond. If gold cracks you can melt it and make it just like it was before. If a diamond cracks, it can never be like it was before.”
- “When the world pushes you to your knees, you’re in the perfect position to pray.”
- “Life consists of two days, one for you one against you. So when it’s for you don’t be proud or reckless, and when it’s against you be patient, for both days are a test for you.”
- “The nourishment of body is food, while the nourishment of the soul is feeding others.”